Saturday, October 17, 2009

Stuffed Mushrooms

EDITED: be sure to get smaller mushrooms- I tried it the other day with bigger ones but it was too much mushroom taste for me. I also cooked them for only 8 minutes and I would suggest the entire 10 because they were still a little hard.

24 large fresh mushrooms, 1 1/2 to 2 inches
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

1. Rinse and drain mushrooms. Remove stems; reserve caps. Chop enough stems to make 1 cup.

2. In a medium saucepan cook, the chopped stems, green onions, and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in bread crumbs and cheese. Spoon crumb mixture into mushroom caps. Arrange stuffed mushrooms on a baking pan. Bake in a 425 degree oven 8 to 10 minutes.

(I like mushrooms but I don't love them. We made these last night and they were absolutely delicious!!)

No comments: