- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 cups mashed cooked acorn squash
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cube cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and celery in butter. Stir in flour, bouillon, dill, curry and cayenne until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the squash, salt and pepper; heat through.
- In a blender, process the soup and cream cheese in batches until smooth. Pour into bowls.
SO tasty! Because I fed this to Mike of course we garnished with cheese, however we did omit the bacon. I threw some leftover cold pasta into mine as well. Adding the cream cheese was also my doing. Nummy!